The Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within the mountains of Emille, on the lowest hill, is an acropolis meant as more of a grave than a home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tick tock, a weapons shop.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty

Frosty

Tick tock, a weapons shop. Empty
PostSubject: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:10 pm

It was a late evening, with rays of moonlight finding their way into the weaponcrafter's house. Well, house might not have been the correct term for it. In fact, it was more of a beat down shack. Perhaps it was a home once, long ago, but now with a weak ceiling looking like it could fall in any moment and multiple holes in the stained walls, the small place wasn't much of a home. Still, the young weapon maker made due, as he so often had to in times like these. There was two rooms, one for living in, and one where the young man housed his goods, on display and ready to sell. On one wall was a plethora of stone weapons; swords, maces, daggers, a number of other objects. One wall was decorated with bows and arrows, all different kinds, made with wood and rock, splashes of color here and there from the feathers on the arrows. In the front of the store, on a long, large table, sat many toys and small objects, either collected by the Weaponcrafter or made himself.

And then there was a single chair next to a stool. A young man was sitting there, leaning against the back of the chair and resting his feet on the stool. His blue eyes were closed, covered by an old hat, and his hands were resting behind his messing blonde ring of hair. Though it was late in the afternoon, with curfew sneaking up and people roaming around to take care of any late business, he was taking time to catch up on lost sleep, while he 'watched over' the shop until it closed.

Last edited by Frosty on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

A girl stopped outside of the shack, holding up something printed on the back of a piece of cloth to the moonlight. It was written in the old Sylvian script, a language that was dead to speech but fluent in writing. A new law had been made in the Acropolis and posted on the Forum that everyone must buy a weapon to protect themselves with, now that the weaponmaker's stocks were high enough to supply each citizen. When a few people did not purchase one, they decided to slip a notice under their doors, and the thing this girl had not wanted to do was being forced upon her. She heard the weaponmaker was a boy, and having never talked to someone of the opposite gender, she felt intimidated and disliked what she heard about these men. They were dirty and tough guards, strong and scary hunters, and lanky and rugged farmers. Most of all, there was her family's line of work...
Gathering up courage as she stood outside the shop for ten or so minutes, she walked through the door. Inside the house, she was greeting by what seemed to be a sleeping person. She held the cloth to her chest, nervous and not knowing what to do. She wished she was in her farm now, tending to her plants and giving the workers in the mess tent food to prepare, but she had to do this. Besides, it was the end of her shift anyway tending to the plants. She rushed over to the place after she came home to the notice.
"H-hello...?" she called out quietly, hoping for the man to not jolt and startle her.

Last edited by Jay on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://theacropolis.board-directory.net
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:11 pm

It took him a while to wake up. There was a chime of a bell as the girl entered, though that only caused him to crinkle his nose and move into a more comfortable position. His mouth was slightly ajar, and a bit of drool was appearing on his chin. A voice sounded in his head, and he frowned as he returned to the waking world. He sighed, stretching out in the chair like a cat, before rolling to the right and landing on the ground. That definitely woke him up. Reminding himself never to sleep in chairs again, he lifted his gave, looked at the visitor. Seeing the young lady, the man straightened up, jumping to his feet and casually rubbing his hand across his mouth in an attempt to wipe drool away.

"Oh, hi. Do you need something?" He asked politely, studying the girl and the cloth she held tightly on to. He recognized the paper as a notice, as he had so often seen in the last couple of weeks. Those that were hesitant to buy weapons from him were now being forced to, and he had seen quite a few lads like this one. Scared and shying away from any kind of violence. He gave the young girl a understanding smile as he leaned against the table behind him. "Lemme guess. You've come to get a weapon that you really don't want, amirite?" He rubbed at his eyes as he talked, still attempting to wake up completely.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:18 pm

The girl didn't move from her place, which was a few feet away. She studied the man and his lethargic posture, before talking.
"Yessir." she said with an awkward smile, not taking her eyes off of him. It was almost as if she was afraid that he was going to pull something, and his comfortable nature only seemed to startle her more. All she needed to do was get a weapon, and get out. She didn't have to talk to the man at all after this.
"What do you...recommend for someone like me?" she asked him, stuffing the cloth in her breast pocket finally and bringing her hands behind her back.
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 pm

He laughed lightly, shaking his head. "How about something that'll actually come in handy? What do you do? Guessing... Merchant, maybe? Farmer?" She wasn't someone that would go out and fight monsters, at least in his eyes. And if she didn't already have a weapon, she surely wasn't a Hunter or Guard. She was old enough to have a job, though, so she was more than likely one of the others.
He turned to face the wall covered in swords and stone creations. "Personally, I fancy knives or daggers. They can be used for a lot more than simply catching dinner or killing a demon. Plus they are easier to use than a bow, which would take a hella lot training and skill." He lifted a simply knife from it's shelf and turned to face the young woman with a hesitant smile. "Would you be interested in this, ma'am?" The knife was simple and polished, carvings etched on the blade and handle from when the young man got bored and began to design.
Pausing for a moment, he reached out his hand to her- the one without the weapon. "Name's Bane. I'm the Weaponcrafter around here- 'case you couldn't tell." He winked, a smile making its way to his lips.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:48 pm

The girl looked at the knife, wanting to take it in her hands but knowing she'll have to pay for it first. Surely she wouldn't use it, but it still looked nice.
"It is fine. What will you take for it? I have some crops with me. she said, taking a bag she had in her hands I totally forgot to mention lul and rose it. This showed that she was indeed a farmer. Inside the bag, which was made of woven materials from the outside, was corn and carrots, as well as some peas. These were a few of the things she had, and she found ti rather frustrating she was forced to hand it over for something she'd never use. She didn't give her name, not wanting to get acquainted with the weaponmaker.
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Bane dropped his hand, though he showed no disappointment in the minor rejection. "Oh, that'll be wonderful." He glanced at the woven bag curiously. Finally, some fresh food for himself and more importantly, Lacie. "Thank you, ma'am." He stepped forward and placed the handle of the knife in her hand, patting it once. He took the bag of crops from her hands and placed it down on the table, next to a collection of trinkets and toys. "You sure that's all, ma'am?" He asked politely, leaning on the table once again.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm

"Yes, thank y--"
"Cuuuuuurfew! No one allowed out! a voice shouted outside, ringing a bell. The girl froze as she realized she had taken too long. She'd have to stay where she was until 8 am the next day. She looked out the window, and from there she saw the guards walking past, each with either a spear or hand crafted sword of sorts. "No no no no no..." she whispered, placing a hand to the wooden wall. It was too late; the guards were already switching positions.
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Bane looked outside, obviously not seeing the intensity of this situation to the young woman. "Curfew already? Huh. The time flew today. I blame it on the nap." It was true, naps seriously messed with your perception of time. ;-; He looked over at the bright moonlight painting the marks on the single bare wall. Like most houses in the Acropolis, he had put up a makeshift 'clock' to keep up with time. One day he hoped to gain a real one, like the kind his parents used to make, but he had yet to create anything close. He knew he'd have to cover up the windows soon, to make sure the monsters didn't get any smart ideas. (though, trying to kill a weapon maker probably wasn't a smart move on their part) "Yup. 9 pm. Looks like your gonna have to stay here tonight." He said it casually, as he glanced at the young woman curiously.

Last edited by Frosty on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 pm

The girl turned back to him, saying nothing. She sank against the wall, unbelieving of the situation she was in. This stranger was good with weapons, and a man. He could be a killer, out to get her. These types of things and scenes played in her mind, and though they were silly, she believed they were possible, as she panicked. The howling of monsters in the distance stopped her imagination from thinking such thoughts, however, and she started to realize this was for the best, and she'd rather stay inside.
Back to top Go down
Ebony

Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm going to assume that you guys waiting on me means I should throw her in here?

"Bane?"
It would seem that the young man wasn't the only one who had been snoozing when they shouldn't have. Out of a small, worn doorway in the back of the room, a small face peeked around the corner; her large, blue eyes shining in curiosity. She looked up at her big brother, then at the strange girl who collapsed against the wall, upset - like she had just seen one of those monsters or something. "What's going on?" Lacie brought up her fist and rubbed one eye, trying to get rid of her sleepy daze. "Whose that girl?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 am

Bane looked over at the call of his name. "Hey sleepyhead, did we wake you?" He asked calmly, looking between the girl on the ground and the girl walking in. "This is-" He paused, realizing he didn't know her name. Shrugging slightly, he continued anyway. "A costumer. She's gonna spend the night. Curfew and all." He explained as if it was the most normal thing in the world. True, this kind of thing didn't happen much, but with curfew so strict, he was frankly surprised it didn't. At his sister's last question, he shrugged, unsure. Bane glanced at the young woman as if expected an answer from her. He would also enjoy knowing who she was, even if it was out of pure curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:48 am

The girl looked at the newcomer, moving a strand of hair from her face, and stood up. She might as well introduce herself, but there was something so foreign about Bane. It bothered her, as if she was going into unwandered territory. She delicately reached out her hand. "A-Alena." she said, deciding to repeat it in a less shaky voice. "My name is Alena."
She had not known her father, so this was another handicap on her experiences around people. She heard he was kind and strong, and heard he was killed by a couple of thieves. It was a pitiful end for such a nice person. Was this Bane fellow like her dad; nice and unwilling to hurt? She had a night to find out, whether she liked it or not.
Back to top Go down
Ebony

Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 am

The little girl shook her head a few times to say it wasn't so. "NoooooOhh~~" Lacie let a yawn escape, looking a bit down-trodden all-the-while. "The guards are all really loud... And mean too. She wondered if they all were always like that.
When she realised the stranger had been looking at her, she let out an 'eep' like sound and disappeared around the corner again. It would take sometime for her to reappear again, when the girl - Alena, she made a note to remember - introduced herself. Curiosity got the best of her.
She stared the girl down, studying her hair and her clothes. Her bag and the knife she had. How careful she was when she went to shake Bane's hand.
"Does she /really/ have too?" Lacie thought in wonder. She seemed so flighty. Where would she sleep?

She didn't want to get more in the way, now... Lacie didn't like interrupting when her big brother was doing buisness with customers... Or anything like that, so she just got down on her knees and kept watching carefully, her body half-hidden.
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Bane shook her hand slowly, studying the girl. Why was she so jittery? She had been like this since she entered the shop, but now more than ever. She seemed to be having a hard time coming to terms with the situation. Dropping his hand to his side, he smiled kindly. "Nice to meet you, Alena. Oh! This is Lacie, my little monster of a sister." He said it in the most loving manner, glancing over at the young blonde. "And yes, Lace. She simply has too." He replied, matching the child's tone in amusement. He didn't take notice to the fact that Lacie was hiding as he bit his lip, looking over at the back room. "Well... How about you take my bed? I'll sleep somewhere else." The way he suggested it left no room for argument.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

"Nice to meet you, Lacie." she said to the little girl with a smile. The moment she heard about a bed, however, she shook her head. "No, no, no, I'll sleep wherever." she assured, holding out her hands as if to motion that she was alright with the situation. She was never one to except people's hospitality. It made her feel guilty, causing someone discomfort. Even though this was a boy, she didn't want to have to steal his bed. It would probably smell weird, anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Ebony

Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm

The girl frowned at Bane's comments and simply stuck her tongue out at him. Meanie, even if he was just teasing her... Not that she minded. Lacie loved his attention, no matter how he gave it to her. When he looked into the back room, she didn't flinch again, just continued to watch the stranger with curiosity. "Nice to meet you, Alena." she greeted back. Hum. Maybe this girl wasn't so bad? She stood back up and walked into the room cautiously, her hands folded neatly behind her back. "Why don't you just sleep with her, Baney?" she blinked in confusion. Alena didn't look much bigger than her and she had slept with her brother tons of times. Lacie's thoughts came to a halt, hearing her own stomach growl. She sat down and brought her knees up to her chest, as if that'd stop it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tick tock, a weapons shop.   Tick tock, a weapons shop. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tick tock, a weapons shop.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Acropolis :: The Acropolis :: Westward Wing :: Weaponcrafter's House-
Jump to: